- “TAQA v RockRose: A MER Analysis”. October 2020.
- “An Executive Brief on the MER Strategy”. July 2020.
- “A Case-Note on Apache v Euroil: Align your FOA with your JOA!”. May 2020.
- “Third Party Access to Offshore Infrastructure — British and international insights for Brazil”. 3 September 2020, given at a Brazilian industry seminar organised by Lefosse Advogados.
- “UK MER in its International Context”. 30 July 2020, given as an AIPN webinar. https://www.aipn.org/forms/meeting/Microsite/Webinar30July2020
- “MER, the OGA, and North Sea Decommissioning”, October 2019, an address to the University of Aberdeen/Robert Gordon University joint Decommissioning Programme.
- “Decommissioning and Collaboration — Oil Industry Imperatives”. 2019.
The Energy Institute, Aberdeen (co-presenter Laura Petrie).
- “Mergers & Acquisitions in the UK Oil & Gas Business”, 30 April 2018.
Energy and Oil and Gas Law Conference 2018, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen.
Model Contract Co-Chair
- “Asset Sale and Purchase Agreement (ASPA) and the accompanying Guidance Notes for the ASPA“. May 2016.
Uisdean Vass was selected by the AIPN to chair and co-ordinate (along with two others) the drafting Committee for this new AIPN model contract. The final ASPA was approved by the AIPN in May 2020. For more details visit the AIPN website:
- In the 3rd edition (2017) of “UK Oil and Gas Law: Current Practice and Emerging Trends”, Uisdean co-authored Chapter I-5 (with Greg Gordon and John Paterson of University of Aberdeen) on “The Wood Review and Maximising Economic Recovery upon the UKCS” and authored Chapter I-6 entitled “Access to Infrastructure”